2019 FHS Meeting and Western Fish Disease Workshop
June 17 – 20, 2019
Hampton Inn and Eccles Conference Center
The 2019 joint meeting of the American Fisheries Society/Fish Health Section and the Western Fish Disease Workshop will be held at the Hampton Inn and Eccles Conference Center in Ogden, Utah. A welcoming social with light appetizers and cash bar will be held in the afternoon of Monday June 17th. A fun and casual session of interesting case studies will kick off the meeting on Monday evening. General session will start in the morning on Tuesday June 18th and will continue through the afternoon of Wednesday June 19th. A poster session will take place during the afternoon on Tuesday June 18th and the banquet will take place in the evening of Wednesday June 19th. A full day Continuing Education session designed around the intricacies and management of Flavobacteria will be held on Thursday June 20th.
Meeting Registration: The conference website/registration services are scheduled to be available by January 2019.
Call for Papers: Individuals interested in presenting a paper or poster should submit a complete abstract no later than May 1, 2019. See abstract guidelines posted below.
Lodging: A block of rooms has been negotiated at the Hampton Inn and Suites, which includes an early bird special of $94/room for the first 25 rooms reserved. All additional room rates are available for $154/night. Additional accommodations for surrounding hotels will also be made available as general registration and attendance is accessed.
Location: Hampton Inn and Suites and Ogden Eccles Conference Center, Ogden, Utah
The Hampton Inn is conveniently located next door to the Ogden Eccles Conference Center.
Address: 2401 Washington Blvd; Ogden; 84401
Phone: 801 394 9400
Rooms will be held under “Western Fish Disease”.
Room block cut off date: May 31, 2019
Recreational Opportunities: Ogden is a great spot for recreational enthusiasts. Hiking trails in nearby canyons and excellent fishing opportunities await you in this Northern Utah town. In addition, Ogden has several great dining and social opportunities to explore. Visit https://www.visitogden.com/ for more info.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the meeting in June. For additional information please contact: Wade Cavender (435-720-2784) or Cristi Swan (208-760-4300)
ABSTRACTS DUE May 1, 2019
Please prepare abstracts in Microsoft Word format and email as an attachment to Cathryn Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1, 2019. Power Point will be the format for all oral presentations.
Guidelines for Abstract Preparation
- Abstract must fit on single side page with margins set at 1.5” on all sides.
- Use Times New Roman 12 pitch font
- Center the title. Genus and species names should be in italics.
- Provide a double space between the title and authors.
- For each author provide first name, middle initial and last name. Use bold script for author presenting the paper. Follow each name with a numeric superscript to denote affiliations.
- Provide a single space between authors and affiliations. Affiliations should include mailing address plus zip code.
- Provide double space between affiliations and body of the abstract.
- Provide a double space between the body of the abstract and an indication of whether you prefer oral presentation or poster.
If you are a student presenter and wish to be considered for the Best Student Paper Award, write student after Oral Presentation.