The purpose of the Outstanding Achievement Award is to recognize individuals for singular accomplishments and contributions to fisheries, aquatic sciences, and the Florida Chapter. The award aims to honor individuals for distinct contributions to the fisheries profession and enhancing the visibility of the Chapter. The Outstanding Achievement Award is the highest honor Florida AFS may bestow upon an individual member or collaborating group.
Candidates will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Original techniques or research methodology
- Original ideas, viewpoints, or data which contributed to fisheries management or our understanding of aquatic resources
- Important ecological discoveries
- An original fishery research or management program of statewide importance
- Activities in public education and outreach that have statewide impacts
Nominations for the Outstanding Achievement Award should be sent to Eric Nagid (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1, 2021. Nominations should be limited to one page, but descriptive enough to convey why the individual is deserving of the award.