The Coastwide Salmonid Genetics Meeting has found a new home with the AFS Genetics Section. Please also see our news webpage or search for “Coastwide” in the navigation bar above for more information.
Dates: 18-21 June 2018
Location: Beautiful Mukilteo, Washington
Online registration and abstract submission portals: Abstract submission and registration deadlines are both 10 April 2018. Abstract submission may be disabled after that date and rates may be raised for registration.
We have included two options for registration and payment submission. The first option enables you to pay with a credit card, purchase card, or travel card through PayPal. If your organization does not allow payment through PayPal, you are welcome to use the second option to pay via personal check or money order.
Talks and discussions:
Rosehill Community Center
304 Lincoln Ave
Hilton Garden Inn
8401 Paine Field Blvd
- No-host gathering: 18 June, evening, @ Diamond Knot Brewery and Alehouse
- Science: 19-21 June @ Rosehill Community Center
- Poster session: 19 June, evening, @ Hilton Garden Inn
- Discussion groups: 20 June, afternoon (topics TBA; please send your ideas to Coastwide2018@gmail.com), @ Rosehill Community Center
- Dinner social: 20 June, evening, @ Rosehill Community Center
Student travel awards: Two $500 student travel awards will be available, including one from Coastwide and one from the Genetics Section. Submitted abstracts will be judged based on scientific quality, novelty/originality, conservation value, and writing quality. Students must check the appropriate box under the travel award inquiry on the abstract submission portal; students need not submit a formal application package.
Accommodations: Hotels are in order of proximity to the Rosehill Center; please see the Rosehill Mukilteo Google Map. There is shuttle service for most of the hotels, and there are also room blocks at some hotels (first come, first served; links will be provided as they become available).
- Silver Cloud; 718 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425) 423-8600; no room block
- Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North/Everett; 8401 Paine Field Blvd, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425)423-9000; room block link: book by 21 May 2018 for group rate [location for 19 June Poster Session]
- Townplace Suites by Marriott Seattle Everett/Mukilteo; 8521 Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425)551-5900; no room block
- Staybridge Suites Seattle North/Everett; 9600 Harbour Pl, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425) 493-9500; room block link: after clicking the room block link, select the $130 Studio Suite rate, and then the Coastwide Salmonid G Special Offer to make your reservation
- Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites; 10210 Evergreen Way, Everett, WA 98204; (425)347-2555; room block link
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Lynnwood Seattle Everett; 18123 Alderwood Mall Pkwy, Lynnwood, WA 98037; (425)670-8943; no shuttle, no room block
Airport shuttle: Shuttle Express from/to Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEATAC), (425)981-7000
Local attractions: For more info and options, visit Trip Advisor Mukilteo.
- Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour (group rates TBA)
- Flying Heritage Collection
- High Trek Adventures
- Historic Flight Foundation (group rates TBA)
- Lighthouse Park
- Whidbey and Camano Islands (ferry terminal near Rosehill)
- Island Adventure Whale Watching
- Get Hooked NW (fishing charters)
- TRAXX (indoor racing)
- Harbor Point Golf Club
- Diamond Knot Craft Brewing [site of 18 June Evening Social]