The Coastwide Salmonid Genetics Meeting found a new home in 2018 with the AFS Genetics Section! All we thought you needed to know for the 2018 meeting is included below. Please also see our news webpage or search for “Coastwide” in the navigation bar above to see our news postings about the event. If you have any other questions, please contact Coastwide2018@gmail.com
Dates: 18-21 June 2018
Location: Beautiful Mukilteo, Washington
Online registration portals: Abstract submission and registration portals have been disabled.
Talks and discussions:
Rosehill Community Center
304 Lincoln Ave
Hilton Garden Inn
8401 Paine Field Blvd
- No-host gathering: Mon, 18 June, from 7-9pm at Diamond Knot Brewery and Alehouse. For those that arrived looking for a bite to eat and local brew, a reservation was made at the Diamond Knot Brewery (621 Front Street, Mukilteo). This was a no-host event, but a few of the organizers were there to say hello and join in for a drink.
- Science: Tues-Thurs, 19-21 June, at Rosehill Community Center.
- Plenary: Tues, 19 June, at 9am at Rosehill
- Discussion groups: Tues-Wed, 19-20 June, at 3:30pm and Thurs, 21 June, at 8:30am at Rosehill
- Poster session: Tues, 19 June, at 4:30pm at Hilton Garden Inn.
- Dinner social: Wed, 20 June, at 5pm at Rosehill. Several attendees brought their instruments for an impromptu performance with colleagues!
Student travel awards: Three student travel awards were presented, including two from Coastwide and one from the Genetics Section. Awardees included Martini Arostegui, Spencer Weinstein, and Tasha Thompson. Submitted abstracts were judged based on scientific quality, novelty/originality, conservation value, and writing quality.
Accommodations: Hotels are in order of proximity to the Rosehill Center; please see the Rosehill Mukilteo Google Map. There is shuttle service for most of the hotels.
- Silver Cloud; 718 Front Street, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425) 423-8600; walking distance (0.3 miles) to Rosehill Community Center and approximately two blocks from the Diamond Knot Brewery
- Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North/Everett; 8401 Paine Field Blvd, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425)423-9000; location for 19 June Poster Session
- Townplace Suites by Marriott Seattle Everett/Mukilteo; 8521 Mukilteo Speedway, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425)551-5900
- Staybridge Suites Seattle North/Everett; 9600 Harbour Pl, Mukilteo, WA 98275; (425) 493-9500
- Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites; 10210 Evergreen Way, Everett, WA 98204; (425)347-2555
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Lynnwood Seattle Everett; 18123 Alderwood Mall Pkwy, Lynnwood, WA 98037; (425)670-8943
Airport shuttle: Shuttle Express from/to Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEATAC), (425)981-7000
Local attractions: For more info and options, visit Trip Advisor Mukilteo.
- Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour
- Flying Heritage Collection
- High Trek Adventures
- Historic Flight Foundation
- Lighthouse Park
- Whidbey and Camano Islands (ferry terminal near Rosehill)
- Island Adventure Whale Watching
- Get Hooked NW (fishing charters)
- TRAXX (indoor racing)
- Harbor Point Golf Club
- Diamond Knot Craft Brewing [site of 18 June Evening Social]