The 2019 Annual meeting will be held in the Magic City of Billings January 29th through February 1st. The meeting will be at the Doubletree by Hilton, Billings on North 27th Street. The theme of this years meeting is; Communicating Fisheries Science in an Increasingly Skeptical Environment.
PROGRAM AND SCHEDULE
Click on the links below for a list of speakers and the schedule at a glance:
A block of rooms has been reserved for the meeting that honor State and Federal Rates. Please make your reservations by January 11th (800-588-7666). Contact the Double Tree at: 1-800-588-7666. Ask for the MT AFS reserved block of rooms. Filling the Double Tree room block reduces costs incurred by YOUR AFS Chapter!
Registration can be done through Eventbrite at the following link:
Registration opened 12/10/2018
– Early registration ends 1/11/2019; Final registration ends 1/23/2019.
PAPER AND POSTER SUBMISSION
– Paper and poster abstracts deadline: 1/16/2019
– Abstracts can be emailed to Steve Dalbey at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s Continuing Education will feature Michael Fraidenburg, Owner of The Cooperation Company, and author of Intelligent Courage, Natural Resource Careers That Make a Difference. Michael will present a course entitled, “Persuasive Communication with a Skeptical Audience – Gain the Edge in Difficult Situations”. Learn more about Michael here. The course will run from 10am-5pm at the Annual Meeting site.
You can register for Continuing Ed on the Eventbrite site
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
– Awards: Nomination deadline is 5pm, 1/15/2019. Send your nominations to Traci Sylte (email@example.com).
– Scholarships: Wally McClure and Westslope Cutthroat Scholarship – Subunits have been notified of this and should have more information for applicants.
– RAF: Submission deadline 1/15/2019
-Additional meeting room requests: Deadline 1/9/2019
– Committee Caucasus rooms already reserved