Bioengineering Section 2022 Networking Event Series
Open to anyone interested in connecting with other fisheries bioengineering professionals. Event Series objectives:
- Provide an opportunity to socialize and network.
- Introduce more and new professionals to the American Fisheries Society (AFS) Bioengineering Section (BES).
- Help young professionals connect with seasoned professionals to provide mentoring, share experiences, and perhaps even learn something from each other!
- Allow members to connect in a casual setting and beyond just the AFS BES Annual Business Meeting.
Where: Virtually (details to follow)
When: Thursday June 9th 12PM (PT) / 3 PM (ET)
Our mission is to promote excellence in the field of fisheries bioengineering through improved communication and networking between biologists, engineers, and other professionals working for the conservation of fisheries resources. The Bioengineering Section achieves this mission through the support and encouragement of members active participation in technical discussions and involvement with:
- LinkedIn: The Bioengineering Section of the American Fisheries Society at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4486931&trk=my_groups-b-grp-v
- Community website: a tool for members to post questions, answers, share news, etc. (expected to launch by early 2021)
- Various conferences, workshops, webinars, and trainings supported by the Bioengineering Section
- Sharing job postings and industry related news of interest to membership.