Call for Films
2023 AFS Alaska Chapter Film Festival
Call for Films and Submission Guidance
The American Fisheries Society Alaska Chapter invites you to submit a film to be showcased as part of the 2023 AFS Alaska Chapter Annual Meeting “Creativity in Fisheries: New Solutions for a Resilient Future” – taking place at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitor Center Theatre Monday evening, March 27, 2023 at 7pm. This year’s film festival will help kick off the annual meeting and also be open to the public (based upon available seating).
To accommodate organizational needs for the conference film submission information is needed by February 15, 2023 to secure a spot in the festival. Film submission guidance and needed film details are noted below.
To be considered, film submissions must:
- Focus in on an aspect of fish, fishing or fisheries. Films that relate to the themes of this year’s plenary presentations including Indigenous Inclusion in Alaska’s Fisheries, Mariculture and the Blue Economy, and Yukon and Kuskokwim Salmon will receive preference.
Films are preferred to be less than 30 minutes in length – preference will be given to shorter films (ideally 10 minutes or less) to allow for more films to be included in the festival.
- Films need to be downloadable to conference organizers via vimeo.com or a similar platform.
- Completed abstract submission for films are due by email to meeting organizers by February 15, 2023.
- Final cut film submissions (in a downloadable format) are due to festival organizers no later than March 15, 2023.
Film Submission Abstract Details (Please include the following):
- Film Contact First and Last Name:
- Film Contact Organization:
- Film Contact Email:
- Film Contact Web address (if applicable):
- Film Name:
- Film Description (200 words or less):
- Film length:
- Permanent URL for film to be shared in the festival program (if applicable):
Film Festival Contacts:
Deborah Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org; 907-723-0258, and
Kevin Fraley, email@example.com; phone: 907-347-2198