The workshop has been postponed in the wake of the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic. Further details will be posted here (and on the Facebook page). These will address submitted abstracts and booked accommodations. We hope everyone is safe and well during this time.
Workshop and CE Session
Welcome to the 61st Western Fish Disease Workshop information page. We are excited to be hosting this year’s workshop in Oregon’s famous Columbia River Gorge in Hood River from June 15-18, 2020.
The two day Western Fish Disease Workshop will cover all aspects of the health of wild and cultured fish and shellfish. Following the conclusion of the Western Fish Disease Workshop a continuing education session will occur, with the theme Applied Nutrition for Disease Management.
Like our Facebook Page for event updates.
Monday, June 15th
5 pm: Registration opens. Welcome with Happy Hour, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and “Clinical Conundrums”
Tuesday, June 16th 8 am – 5 pm: General Session
6:30 – 8:30 pm: Banquet (guest banquet tickets available for purchase at registration)
Wednesday, June 17th
8 am – 4 pm: General Session
Thursday, June 18th
8am – 3:30pm Continuing Education 6 hours: Applied Nutrition for Disease Management (additional registration required for CE)
Registration and abstract submission is through the OSU Conference Services Portal. If you have not registered for an OSU conference in the past, you will be prompted to create a free registration account.
Early Bird, until May 15th: $285
General Registration, May 16th and later: $335
Continuing Education Session, 6.0 hours of CE: $70
Call for Papers: Abstract Deadline May 15th
Individuals interested in presenting an oral presentation or poster can submit a complete abstract using the guidelines and submission form provided below.
Guidelines for Abstract Preparation (oral presentation and poster)
- Prepare in Microsoft Word format.
- Abstract must fit on single side of a page with margins set at 1.5” on all sides.
- Use Times New Roman 12 pitch font.
- Center the title. Genus and species names should be in italics.
- Provide a double space between the title and authors.
- For each author provide first name, middle initial and last name.
- Use bold script for author presenting the paper.
- Follow each name with a numeric superscript to denote affiliations.
- Provide a single space between authors and affiliations.
- Affiliations should include mailing address plus zip code.
- Provide double space between affiliations and body of the abstract.
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- PowerPoint format.
- General session talks will be in 15 minute allotted slots. Recommend 12 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for questions.
- PowerPoint presentations must be loaded on to the presentation laptop no later than the morning of your scheduled talk. Please bring your flash drive to breakfast to load your presentation.
Guidelines for Clinical Conundrums
- Clinical conundrums: A forum to present a troubling case or a novel therapeutic approach with the primary goal of sparking a discussion with colleagues.
- This is not formal, can be quite short, and powerpoint presentations will not be accepted! (Full case studies will be accepted in the General Session Clinical Cases).
- We will have an AV hookup to show images of clinical signs or pathology if pertinent to discussion.
- If you are interested in sharing a Clinical Conundrum, please email Aimee Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WFDW: Clinical Conundrum”.
Guidelines for Posters
- Please set up posters near the meeting room lobby after you have registered.
- Posters will be displayed for the entire conference but a poster session will be scheduled. TBD
Venue and Accommodations
Held at the Best Western Plus Hood River Inn Conference Center
1108 East Marina Way, Hood River, OR 97031
To make a room reservation with the room block for special pricing, do not register online. Instead, please call or email the Registration Desk and let them know you are here for Western Fish Disease Workshop. Room blocks will be held until May 15th.
Reservations: 800-828-7873 or 541-386-2200
Flights into PDX Portland International Airport. Hood River is 1 hour East of PDX Airport and there are a variety of transportation options available.
More transportation options detailed here. Includes bicycling info.
Activities in Hood River
Hiking (Good activities information on this page)
Questions and Concerns
Please contact the responsible persons below. Right click on name to copy email address.
We appreciate the generous support from our sponsors. For sponsorship information, contact Amelia Thornhill.