Sign up with your regular AFS membership!
Membership is the Fisheries Information and Technology Section is only $5/year for professionals and free for students and early career professionals. To join the Section, simply check the box when you are signing up for your annual AFS membership.
Membership dues are used to support many activities, including:
- National Fisheries Data Summits 2006 and 2007
- Participation on National Fish Habitat Partnership Science and Data committees
- Sponsoring AFS Continuing Education workshops
- Sponsoring a Student Poster Award
- Hosting the annual business meeting at the AFS meeting
- Attending Governing Board Meetings representing FITS
Members of FITS have plenty of opportunities to become engaged with AFS, such as contributing to the newsletter, assisting with the website, leading or participating in a committee, or becoming an officer. We are always looking for people and ideas to shape the current and future direction of the section. If you’re interested in getting involved, contact one of the current FITS officers.