Errata & Notes
- Page 86, Footnote 7 – “Ager C” should be “Ager B”.
- Page 207, Equation for Ẑ Z^ – NN should be nn in the denominator. Thus, the new equation should be …
- Section 4.2 – I have dramatically changed the age-bias plot that is produced by supplying
plot()with an object saved from
ageBias(). This change is documented in this blog post and in the documentation and examples for
ageBias(). The plots shown in the book can largely still be produced with
plotAB()(see its documentation here).
- Section 4.4 – I have changed the information that is returned from
agePrecision(). All of the information shown in the book is still provided; however, other information (e.g., average standard deviation and mean absolute deviation) are now also returned. The output is document in the documentation for
- Sections 12.3.1 and 13.1 – The dynamic plots described for finding starting values for a von Bertalanffy growth function and the stock-recruitment functions (i.e., nonlinear regressions) have been removed from
srStarts(), because of the difficulty of maintaining a package that requires the
tcltkpackage. These functionalities are now in the
FSAsimspackage, but it can also largely be replicated with the
srStarts(). Use of
srStarts()is demonstrated in this blog post.