July Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

AFS Fisheries Information and Technology Section

Executive Committee Meeting Minutes

 July 14, 2021


  • President-elect election (Tiffany)
    • Only one candidate so has agreed to run so far.
    • President-elect cannot run unopposed, according to FITS bylaws.
    • Please contact Tiffany (Tiffany.Hopper@tpwd.texas.gov) if you know of anyone interested or if you would like to self-nominate.
  • Leadership transition (Paul)
    • Transition of leadership is supposed to happen on August 12th in conjunction with the governing board meeting, according to AFS constitution rules and bylaws.
    • Officially we will transition on August 12th but we will perform ceremony at the FITS annual business meeting.
  • History webpage collaboration with the History Section (Paul)
    • Going to delegate this to a volunteer, preferably someone who is in both History and FIT Sections.
    • Action Item: Paul will write and post a call for a volunteer.
  • AFS Baltimore
    • “COVID Effects” Symposium (Tiffany)
      • We still have a few weeks before abstract deadline and we are still inviting persons of interest to present.
      • No updates about symposia from AFS leadership.
    • Data Management workshop (Paul)
      • Keith is planning on traveling in person.
      • Action Item: Kayla will get with Keith on travel reimbursement.
    • Registration lottery and Student/Early Career membership drive (Paul)
      • We have a final list of participants for the registration lottery.
      • Action Item: Paul will randomize and draw the names of winners.
      • Next step is retention. What can we do to retain members and keep them engaged?
  • Partnership travel award (Rebecca)
  • By-law change (Paul)
    • We are waiting for an update from Management Committee.
  • Other business
    • Center for Fisheries Technology and Collaboration news? (Rebecca)
      • Currently reaching out to more vendors
      • Rebecca will attend next meeting and provide update.
    • Citizen Science Task Force (Paul)
      • Action Item: This action item is moving along – Paul needs to send some emails.

Next Meeting August 11thvvv


Don’t miss fisheries tech announcements!

We don’t spam or share your email! You can unsubscribe anytime. This mailing list is separate from the FITS member newsletter.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.