Big Fin Scientific DCSLinkstream
DCSLinkstream is a user-friendly data-gathering application made for fish. DCSLinkstream runs on low-cost waterproof tablets like the Samsung Active Tab series.
DCSLinkstream can be used without connected peripherals. Optionally, adding the following peripherals can make data-gathering even more streamlined:
- DCS5 fish-measurement board
- PIT readers
- GPS receivers
- Barcode scanners
- Label printers
DCSLinkstream is offered at a low monthly per-user cost, with no up-front fees. A 30-day fully functional trial period is included with the installer.
DCSLinkstream from Big Fin Scientific is a low-cost, data-gathering application made specifically for fish.
- Connect a DCS5 fish-board, a weight scale, PIT reader, barcode scanner and sample-label printer, concurrently, over Bluetooth.
- Print labels for bio-samples directly from DCSLinkstream, on demand.
- Pull up a full historical record of every encounter with a particular PIT tag.
- Pre-load a PIT-tag Action List, with actions to be performed for each PIT tag or group of tags, as they’re encountered.
- Assign attributes to batches of fish, independent but linked to their individual attributes.
- Easily create custom pick-list fields.
- Share Study designs with colleagues – everyone can take data the same way.
- Real-time Tally and Calculation fields give you feedback as you’re taking data.
- Fish individuals are assigned a Global Unique ID, useful for traceability with bio-samples and data archives.
- Runs on low-cost Android tablets such as the waterproof Samsung Active Tab series.
Please contact Big Fin Scientific to receive more information about the DCS5 boards and DCSLinkstream.
Phone: (512) 808-0346