Big Fin Scientific Digital Fish Boards
The Big Fin Scientific DCS5 is the ultimate electronic measurement and data-entry board for fish: waterproof, battery-powered and low-cost. The boards provide millimeter-accurate measurements and “hot-key” areas along the length to enter other information, keeping your wet/gloved fingers off of your tablet or PC.
Pair the DCS5 boards with DCSLinkstream, the incredibly capable and easy-to-learn Android data application for fish. Connect DCSLinkstream with PIT tag readers, weight scales, bar-code scanners and label printers.
You can also connect the DCS5 boards to your own application, using an open, easy-to-use protocol.
The DCS5 digital fish-measurement board from Big Fin Scientific is the 5th generation of fish-board, with a design informed by thousands of hours of field operation over 11 years of development.
The boards offer lowest-cost and lowest-maintenance in the industry, afforded by a unique approach to waterproofing only the minimum volumes necessary, minimizing electronics components and a modular approach which decreases unneeded accessory components.
Currently in use at many US and international organizations, the DCS5 boards provide reliable, accurate and error-free data-entry for fish-monitoring and studies.
- Eliminate data transcription errors from pen-and-paper approaches.
- Data is instantly available.
- Gather more data, faster.
DCSLinkstream from Big Fin Scientific is a low-cost, data-gathering application made specifically for fish, often used with the DCS5 boards:
- Connect a DCS5 fish-board, a weight scale, PIT reader, barcode scanner and sample-label printer, concurrently, over Bluetooth.
- Print labels for bio-samples directly from DCSLinkstream, on demand.
- Pull up a full historical record of every encounter with a particular PIT tag.
- Pre-load a PIT-tag Action List, with actions to be performed for each PIT tag or group of tags, as they’re encountered.
- Assign attributes to batches of fish, independent but linked to their individual attributes.
- Easily create custom pick-list fields.
- Share Study designs with colleagues – everyone can take data the same way.
- Real-time Tally and Calculation fields give you feedback as you’re taking data.
- Fish individuals are assigned a Global Unique ID, useful for traceability with bio-samples and data archives.
- Runs on low-cost Android tablets such as the waterproof Samsung Active Tab series.
Please contact Big Fin Scientific to receive more information about the DCS5 boards and DCSLinkstream.
Phone: (512) 808-0346