Smith-Root Apex Boat Control Box
The Peak of Electrofishing: Apex Electrofishing Control Box
The Apex Electrofishing Control Box is the top of the line boat electrofisher and is transforming fisheries research.
We have more than 50 years of building electrofishers under our belt. We designed and build the Apex Electrofishing Control Box with the following: Widest Electrical Output Ranges, Dual Channel Outputs, Timer Alarm, Help Tutorials, Diagnostic Mode, Trend Graphs, GPS Coordinates, Data Recording, Data Download, User Performed Software Upload, and more.
Apex electrofishers record electrofishing inputs and outputs every second while displaying them on the integrated color LCD screen. Quickly download your electrofishing datavia USB to rapidly see your session.
What sets the Apex apart:
- easily map your electrofishing transects
- quickly troubleshoot electrofishing issues with onscreen help and advice
- see the data about the performance of your electrofisher
- easily standardize your electrofishing outputs
- visually understand what voltage, duty cycle, and frequency are just by looking at the screen of your electrofisher
- receive advice on the screen of your electrofisher about what settings to use
- see graphs of your critical electrofishing variables for the past 3 minutes on the screen of the electrofisher so that you could simply glance down for a second to make sure that everything was operating as intended and variables are holding steady
- update the software of your electrofisher simply by plugging in a flash drive
- download all your electrofishing electrical inputs and outputs, along with GPS and many other variables for every second the pedal has been down
- set an alarm for the number of seconds you need to electrofish and have the electrofisher tell you when that effort has been reached
- use day or night mode on the screen of your electrofisher to improve visibility in all light conditions
- GPS coordinates and battery information across the top
- input variables you select across the right column
- dynamic visual display of your output across the bottom that depicts the voltage, frequency, and duty cycle you selected
- three minute output graphs across the middle to make it simple for you to determine performance of outputs going into the water.
Apex is Trending
While electrofishing, the full color LCD screen displays three minutes of electrofishing output graphs for Peak Voltage, Peak Current, and Peak Power. A quick glance at the screen provides rapid analysis of trends in the electrofisher’s performance to give you confidence in your settings and technique.
Integrated Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates are recorded while electrofishing, eliminating the need for manually recording location data. GPS coordinates are easily exported from the electrofisher and imported into standard mapping software to create professional displays.
The Most Features of Any Electrofisher
With more than 50 years of building electrofishers under our belt, we pulled out all the stops when designing the Apex. Dual Channel Outputs, Widest Electrical Output Ranges, Timer Alarm, Help Tutorials, Diagnostic Mode, Animated Waveform, Trend Graphs, GPS Coordinates, Data Recording, Data Download, User Performed Software Upload, and more.
Standardization is Standard
The Apex revolutionizes electrofishing output standardization. Onboard help and graphed trends provide realtime information to standardize electrofishing outputs between waterbodies with differing environmental conditions.
Get Help In The Field
Did you forget what frequency, duty cycle, or voltage to use? The Apex comes loaded with an onscreen help system containing tutorials, suggestions, and tips that make your fieldwork more effective and informed. If you encounter issues that you are unable to resolve, quickly download and send the recorded data to Smith-Root for diagnostic help.
Apex Electrofisher Control Box Specifications
|Output Power||7,200W continuous AC, 24,000W peak|
|Output Voltage||0 to 1,200VDC in 1V steps
0 to 240VAC RMS in 1V steps, 339V peak
|Output Frequency||1 to 1,000Hz in 1Hz steps|
|Duty Cycle||0% to 100% in 1% steps|
|Output Current||80A peak max on low range
40A peak max on mid range
20A peak max on high range
40A peak max in AC mode
24A continuous at 250V
|Output Waveforms||DC, Pulsed DC, Burst of Pulses DC, AC|
|Waveform Storage||Save voltage, frequency, duty cycle, and pulse type for 12 different waveforms|
|Overload Protection||Excessive peak current and average current will shutdown the unit before damage can occur|
|Output Indicator||Audio tone, Flashing red light, Dynamically plotted output waveform, Charted displays for output voltage, current, and power. Diagnostic screen shows all inputs and outputs, including peaks and averages|
|Metering||Peak and average output current, Peak and average output voltage, Peak and average output power, Timer and alarm, Waveform settings, internal temperature, Error messages, Fault conditions|
|Output On Timer||0 to 99,999 seconds, resettable via menu|
|User Configurable Alert||1 to 3,600 seconds with alert at end of count|
|Environmental Requirements||Operational altitude: -400 to 3000 meters
Relative humidity: 10% to 90% noncondensing
Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C
Storage temperature: -15° to 50° C
|Safety Devices||Output indicator
Emergency stop switch
|Data Logging||Output Peak and Average Voltage
Time stamp in YY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS format
|Data Port||USB 2.0 supports download of log file and upload of software and firmware updates|
|Display||Color, sunlight readable 5 inch display|
|Input Power||240VAC 50/60hz 30A max|
|Generator||8,000W continuous for max. output
240V at 33A 50/60Hz
|Size and Weight||Height: 12.5 in (30.48 cm)
Width: 20.5 in (52.07 cm)
Depth: 17.5 in (44.45 cm)
Weight: 53 lb. (24.04 kg)
Specifications subject to change without notice.