Below is the agenda for the 2018 FITS Business Meeting which will be held 5-6pm Monday, August 20th in room CC413. If you would like to add anything to the agenda, please email Kayla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Business Meeting Minutes are posted for review and the membership will vote for approval at 2018 meeting.
Don’t forget to check out FITS sponsored symposium “Data Management for Dissemination and Data Visualization” on Monday from 10-5pm in room 414!
Hope to see you there!
- Welcome and Introduction of Guests
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of 2017 Minutes
- Officer Reports
- President (Rebecca Krogman)
- Secretary-Treasurer (Kayla Key)
- President-elect (Paul Venturelli)
- Past President (Julie D. Simpson)
- Communications Coordinator (Sarah Grasty)
- Committee Reports
- Communications Committee (Julie)
- Electronic Services Advisory Board (Rebecca)
- Resource Policy Committee (Jodi Whittier)
- Old Business
- Fishackathon 2018
- PyHum Consideration
- Website Makeover https://virtuallearn.wpengine.com/fits/
- 2018 Symposium scheduled for Monday, “Data Management for Dissemination and Data Visualization”
- New Business
- Partnership Travel Award
- Income stream possibilities (primarily for funding awards and meetings)
- “Applications of..” Technology series – Need topic leaders
- How to address the lag in Student and Early Career memberships / What do we see as our future?
- Fishackathon 2019 and beyond – Engaging more members in challenge development and recruiting more participants through Student Subunits
- Symposium and workshop ideas for next year (2019)